SO YOU KNOW….
At Midwest Flyways we love to hunt ducks and geese and we know that with that love to hunt, we must be diligent stewards of conservation. Because of this, we eat everything we kill and we love to try new recipes for game birds. Snow goose is delicious when prepared many different ways and this is just one way we prepare them!
Let’s hop right into it.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- SNOW GOOSE BREASTS
- MARINADE ( WE USED HI-MOUNTAIN SEASONINGS SOY GINGER )
- STEAK RUB ( WE USED HI-MOUNTAIN )
- CAJUN SEASONING ( WE USED HI-MOUNTAIN CAJUN COWBOY )
- GREEN PEPPER ( OTHER PEPPERS WOULD BE GREAT TOO )
- ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT WANT ON YOUR KABOB
- BREAST YOUR BIRDS
- RINSE BREASTS IN COLD WATER FOR 10 MINUTES
- PLACE BREASTS SUBMERGED IN MILK AND LET SIT FOR 24 HOURS
- REMOVE BREASTS FROM MILK AND RINSE IN COLD WATER
- PLACE BREASTS IN MARINADE AND LET SIT FOR 6 TO 12 HOURS
- CUT UP PEPPER, ONIONS, AND OTHER ADDITIONS INTO LARGE CHUNKS
- SPRINKLE AND SPREAD CAJUN SEASONING THROUGHOUT SHRIMP
- REMOVE BREASTS FROM MARINADE AND SLICE INTO HALF INCH BY ONE INCH PIECES
- PLACE BREAST CHUNKS IN BOWL AND SPRINKLE IN STEAK RUB
- BE SURE TO RUB STEAK RUB INTO GOOSE MEAT
- PLACE MEAT AND VEGGIES ON KABOB SKEWERS, ALTERNATING ACCORDINGLY
- HEAT GRILL TO 450 DEGREES PLUS
- ONCE GRILL IS HOT, PLACE KABOBS ON GRILL AND LET SIT FOR 3 TO 4 MINUTES
- FLIP 180 DEGREES AND COOK FOR 3 TO 4 MORE MINUTES.
- REMOVE FROM GRILL AND ENJOY!
Once you learn to make delicious meals from ducks and geese you kill, you’ll be able to provide great meals for yourself, family, and friends during season!